Friday, June 12, 2015

Day-1; Thursday-June-11-2015; Writing instruments design


 visit atusdesign website


I was designing writing instruments - pens, pencils, markers, highlighters as well as toys and various consumer products and commercial products for years. And this was years ago. An idea of running a blog and creating a design challenge for myself was brewing in my mind for a while. The idea was simple - post on my blog one design concept for a product every working day, five designs per week. First, I though it would be cool to do this for a year. But soon I realized that I cannot commit to such timeline for simple and obvious reasons - I work and travel a lot and may not have enough time every single day to create design and post it on my blog. So, I decided to make few compromises - I will start by trying to post five designs per week - that is one design every working day - for one month at first. Also, this can be any type of product design and executed in any form I may find suitable or available - hand sketch(es), marker rendering(s) or possibly CAD drawing and/or photo-realistic rendering.
I will also want to hear from visitors their opinions and, possibly, suggestions for future designs.

As a starter, here are few of my designs from the past:
These are CAD renderings of pens created for NIKE license. Unfortunately, they never went anywhere beyond CAD designs. 


______________________________________________


These are three hand-drawn marker sketches of concepts of liquid ink highlighters.

___________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave your comments and/or suggestions for my next design project.